• Develop, test, and improve techniques for mapping forest carbon using data from satellite images.
• Validate the results of the forest carbon mapping against a variety of independent datasets.
• Source and synthesize existing and new field data on forest parameters.
• Produce reports and documentation, including articles for use in internal and external product and process.
• Interact with current and potential clients to explain our procedures
• Track advances in volunteer carbon protocols and incorporate into product strategy.
• Review scientific literature for novel approaches and best practices for forest carbon mapping.
•Experience with forest allometry and growth models
•Expert in using traditional statistics, geostatistics or machine learning to analyze large spatial datasets
•Skilled in programmatic geospatial data analysis and visualization