top of page
Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
This Microsoft 365 Fundamentals course provides foundational knowledge on the considerations and
benefits of adopting cloud services and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model, explicitly focusing on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings. You will begin by learning about cloud fundamentals, including an overview of cloud computing, specifically Microsoft cloud services. Next, you will be introduced to Microsoft Azure and examine the differences between Microsoft 365 and Office 365. You will then perform an in-depth review of Microsoft 365, including a comparison of Microsoft on-premises services versus
Microsoft 365 cloud services, are view of enterprise mobility in Microsoft 365, and an analysis of how
Microsoft 365 services provide collaboration. The course then analyzes how security, compliance, privacy, and trust are handled in Microsoft 365, and it concludes with a review of Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support.
Expectations and Goals
• Differentiate between the various cloud service models.
• Identify the key differences between Microsoft 365 subscriptions.
• Plan for migration to Microsoft 365 services.
• Identify key differences between Microsoft on-premises services and Microsoft 365 cloud services.
• Identify how Microsoft 365 services support teamwork.
• Describe identities, including cloud, on-premises, and hybrid identity.
• Describe cloud device management and protection, including the use of Intune.
• Describe data protection, including the use of Azure Information Protection.
• Describe compliance in general and the compliance features in Microsoft 365.
• Describe Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support.
• Continue learning and face new challenges with after-course one-on-one instructor coaching.
Students should have general knowledge of networking computing, and cloud concepts.
bottom of page