top of page
Essential Networking Skills Introduction to Networking Fundamentals
This course introduces basic data communication to audiences with little or no background in computer networking. Major components and technologies of networking system will be covered. This course provides necessary information for students who would like to attend Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices (ICND).
Expectations and Goals
• Understand the OSI and TCP/IP networking model.
• Understand the functionality of networking devices, e.g, Switch, Router, Access Point
• Understand the Internet protocol, e.g, ARP, DHCP, DNS, ICMP, IPv6.
• Understand how to use the basic troubleshooting commands.
• Students should have a basic idea of how computer works and have some experiences with the internet.
• Students should be familiar with bits, bytes, and binary system
bottom of page